The Justice and Public Safety Council is required by law, to issue and refresh annually a three-year strategic plan for the justice and public safety sector. This plan is based on consultation across the sector, including discussion among experts and key stakeholders at the Justice Summits.
The strategic plan presents a vision for the sector based on fairness, protection of people, sustainability, and public confidence. It identifies specific objectives which must be realized to achieve this vision, as well as several areas of immediate priority. Finally, it proposes specific ways to measure the sector’s performance in reaching this vision.
- April 2020 to March 2023 (PDF)
- April 2019 to March 2022 (PDF)
- April 2018 to March 2021 (PDF) (incorporates 2017-18 Performance Measurement Update)
- April 2017 to March 2020 (PDF)
- April 2016 to March 2019 (PDF)
- April 2015 to March 2018 (PDF)
- April 2014 to March 2017 (PDF)
Performance Measurement Updates
For subsequent years, the Performance Measurement Update has been incorporated in the Council’s annual Strategic Plan.